- 6 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups raw unsalted almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (the real stuff, please)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
Combine in a high sided baking pan and bake at 350° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Don't mix the ingredients together in a bowl...just do it right in the pan.
- If you don't stir every 10 or so minutes it will burn
- If you press the granola into the pan at the end of cooking it will clump up. It's harder to get out of the pan then, but you may like it.
- Store your tasty granola in an airtight container
- Don't add fruit or raisins until you are ready to eat. Raisins have a high sugar content and if you add them during cooking they will burn.